"Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall, and falling,
they are given wings."

-Rumi (translated by Coleman Barks)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dark Night

There is a lot of pain tonight. I have been trying to relax in bed to no avail. I think a lot of it has to do with being sick for the past few days and unable to do my exercises or take my suppositories. A good friend recently reminded me that healing is not a linear process and we will continue to have our ups and downs along this journey.

I'm not one for words tonight. I think the last two poems I wrote sum up my emotions.




I wish for you
a dark night
void of stars.

How else will you see
the moon's white glow
lightly caress
bare black branches?




In the Ring

My life is a constant battle
of bruises and bullies.
Are you fighting too?

Remember, dear friend.
Our scars do not deform us,
they define us.

Go another round.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

get well tamra, and allow yourself to be taken care of... so true nothing in life is linear. I hope you are already on the mend. get good sleep and light will come
Cora

P said...

"Our scars do not deform us"

Truer words were never spoken. I fight to still see myself as me. I fight to not look through the fuzzy lens of chronic pain.

May you have the strength to go another round, and may there not be many more rounds.

Anonymous said...

bare black branches... beautiful writing!