"Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall, and falling,
they are given wings."

-Rumi (translated by Coleman Barks)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Taking a Break

I haven't updated in a month, so I've been receiving a lot of emails asking when I'm coming back. To be honest? I need a break. My life has been so public that I need time again for myself. Classes start in a week and my surgery is in 3 months, so I will be quite busy. I'll update occasionally, and certainly once I finish the book that's currently consuming me, which deals with chronic pain. I will try to respond to emails as timely as possible, but bear with me as I take a step back.


The Winds of Fate

by Ella Wilcox

One ship drives east and another drives west
With the self-same winds that blow;
'Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales
That tells them the way to go.

Like the winds of the sea are the winds of fate
As we voyage along through life;
'Tis the set of the soul
That decides the goal
And not the calm or the strife.

2 comments:

bookitty said...

Just discovered your site a few weeks back. I was afflicted with a bladder prolapse about a year and a half ago. OK - so, according to OBGYN's, no big deal - just "wash your hands, and push everything back in" yeah right! Anyway, ended up with pessary ...caused a great deal of pain, so if I didn't use it, it hurt - if I did use it, it hurt.
One thing that has worked for me to ease the pain while taking trips in the car, is to place a rubber ball or tennis ball on your seat. The pressure gives some relief for a bit. I've also sat on ice packs to make the trips less excruciating.
I've read that Vitamin B12 helps with nerve pain. I've taken three 2500 mcg lozenges every day for the last six months - not sure if it's coincidence or not, but I am now able to sit at my desk most of the day.
There was a week and a half when I ran out of the vitamins and didn't replace them, wondering if it would make a difference ....it did. The pain was back to it's original level.
Please stay with the posts - we all need to support one another.

P said...

I look forward to reading about all your life changes in the next couple of months!