"Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall, and falling,
they are given wings."

-Rumi (translated by Coleman Barks)

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hip Surgeons

A couple of people have asked me to post the hip surgeons I had looked into. The three listed below all work at The Hospital for Special Surgery and are supposed to be at the top of their fields.

Dr. Brian Kelly
Dr. Struan Coleman
Dr. Friedrich Boettner

I will be seeing Dr. Coleman this Wednesday in NYC- he was the only one who took my insurance. I am interested to see what he says and will update when I get back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamara! Do you have any idea which insurances he takes? It doesn't say on his website. Any idea if he takes Oxford or GHI? Keep us posted! Thanks for your help and feel good!

Tamra said...

You have to call your own insurance company and look up each doctor. I do not know if they take those insurances, but I hope one of them does!