"Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall, and falling,
they are given wings."

-Rumi (translated by Coleman Barks)

Friday, August 15, 2008

Good News!

I can barely contain my excitement as I type. Finally I have good news to report!

Yesterday was my 5th steroid injection. As I said before, I've been getting two needles on either side of the vulva once every week. I go in 6 times, and if we see improvement, then I go in for 6 more weeks and hopefully by then I will be healthy.

I walked in at 8 AM sharp and went through the standard procedure. However, during the exam, Dr. Nyirjesy told me I was less red in the area and it had improved. The exam also didn't hurt nearly as much as it usually does. Then, I barely felt the right needle at all. (The left needle I did feel a lot, but that's because it also hit a small blood vessel.) After the injections, I had to wait a little bit longer with gauze between my legs to stop the bleeding and then Nyirjesy came back in to talk to me. He was very pleased with the exam and thought I was improving. I nearly broke down in the office. Is it possible that after all this, that in 7 weeks I could possibly be all better?

I practically skipped down the streets of Philadelphia saying good morning to everyone I met. Some of them must have thought I was crazy, but I didn't care. I finally had good news, I finally had hope to grab on to. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up until my next appointment. If I've improved even more by the next appointment, then I will be going back for 6 more weeks. Could this be the beginning of the end? I pray and I hope it is. But keep your fingers crossed for me just in case ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Tamra,

Great news! I'm very hopeful as well. Love the image of you greeting everyone with Good Morning! Got my fingers crossed, too. ILY Lori

Anonymous said...

Tamra,

I'm so happy for you!!!! My fingers are crossed, and I'm sending positive thoughts your way :). Lots of love, Trista