"Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall, and falling,
they are given wings."

-Rumi (translated by Coleman Barks)

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Makeover

I was in that cleaning mode today where you just want to start anew and cleanse yourself. I figured a good place to start was here and thought my blog needed a new facelift. Let me know if you like the change or would rather the old. One thing I added were other blogs I've been finding about vulvodynia and vulvar vestibulitis. I'm starting to make a collection of them on the right side and I hope you find them useful as well.

I know there's been some confusion if in fact I am still going to San Francisco. Yesterday I received a phone call telling me Stephanie had a death in the family and had to cancel my appointment with her on Friday. Although my heart goes out to her family, I was obviously very angry and upset all of yesterday. It would cost $300 to get my plane tickets switched to another day if I wanted to reschedule and I had already talked with professors and work and it was just a mess. I was ready to go and it just seems that I get the worst possible luck ever when I've finally made a decisions. To add irony to the situation, Stephanie is flying to New Jersey tomorrow, but obviously she can't practice out of state.

So, now I have decided to still fly out there and now have an appointment on Friday with Elizabeth Rummer, who co-owns the Pelvic Pain Rehab Center with Stephanie. After sending some emails frantically last night (thank you everyone for the quick replies) I heard great things about Elizabeth and have calmed down significantly since yesterday. I will, of course, keep you updated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have only heard wonderful things about Liz, trust me, you will be in GREAT hands!! GOOD LUCK!!!!