"Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall, and falling,
they are given wings."

-Rumi (translated by Coleman Barks)

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ouch

I've had a pretty sharp stabbing pain since Saturday night, which has increased while sitting. For the life of me, I couldn't understand why this was happening. I thought I was making progress and haven't had that type of pain in a long time. Well turns out I got my period Sunday morning. I don't understand why I experience such elevated levels of pain right before I menstruate, especially if the cause is more muscular then hormonal. Will ask this when I go to physical therapy tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This happened to me while i was getting better as well. Some people feel better during thier period and some feel worse. It will go away with time. Dont worry, I had alot of 'weird' pains on my journey back to health!

Anonymous said...

I live in Australia and am suffering exactly the same things you are except I don't get pain when I sit, unless I move funny and I've had this for approx 3yrs now. I even have the tearing of the skin in the same spot and increased annoyance during my period. I am doing much the same treatment with my physio as you, so even though this is such a horrible thing to be going through it's nice to see that we've been told to do the same things therefore hopefully we both have good doctors and one of us isn't missing out on something that just might be the cure. Your blog means so much to me coz I don't feel as alone and isolated as I used to. I feel like we're doing this together and I have hope that within the next 12-18months we will both be back to normal.