"Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall, and falling,
they are given wings."

-Rumi (translated by Coleman Barks)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Couple Quick Things...

Just a few quick things...

Went to physical therapy this week and it was great- things seemed to be a lot better. I wish I could feel the results, but I'm staying patient. Still working with the dilators as much as I can every day. I'm also working on developing my emotional relationships much more than my physical ones. It has made me feel more fulfilled and doesn't put as much pressure on me.

Also just started to go back to the gym now that I'm off steroids. It felt great, but unfortunately I'll have to stop in a week and a half when I go into surgery.

I've made it to #7 of the Wellsphere Blogger competition. Thank you all for your support. Please keep voting if you haven't already- it's so important that we raise awareness together.

Finally I also am very proud of a recent photo exhibit I did for campus for Domestic Violence Awareness Month. You can see the article here: http://www.tcnjmagazine.com/?p=2026&archive=October%202009 as well as view all the photos at the bottom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just diagnosed myself this morning. The pain started for me following a surgury I had... a leep. Its been 2 months of hell. I can't even make love to my partner without wanting to secretly go cry afterwards in the bathroom.... I'm going to be 28 next week... its not fair... What about my dreams of getting engaged, married, and having a baby... they have all been taken away... and I have prolaspe too... so even if I do get pregnant... its unknown if I'd make it to term... thank you for your story and I will pray for all of us.

Anonymous said...

does anyone else feel scared?

Tamra said...

I think we all have to deal with being afraid. Especially those of us who have not been able to find cure that works. The unknown is always scary. But I think we can turn this fear into something useful. Turn it into strength- fight back. I think it's possible to overcome. We just all have to find the right path for us.

amy said...

I really have to say that, i am a believer that there is a reason that this type of pain comes on. When we are feeling pain its our bodies way of telling us that there is something wrong. Now a lot of doctors will "diagnose" us with things they aren't familiar with because they don't have the answers. It took me 7 different Doctors and a lot of traveling, before i finally got answers that made sense to me. Dealing with Vulvodynia is a type of nerve pain... for some reason or another the nerves are reacting. Finding the reason for this is the issue. To all ladies that are feeling like their worlds are over because they have been given a diagnosis... please don't freak out until you have seen D.R Goldstien. He is a really great doctor that is an expert in Vulvodynia and has helped lots of women. He has been a god sent for me and has really helped me, and i am feeling much better with his help. For those of you who want to contact him visit www.cvvd.org/.
Thanks
Amy

amy said...

I also do want to say that, i do understand that there may be some cases of vulvodynia that don't have answers yet... i don't want to make the impression that i think i know it all, but Vulvodynia is NOT something that doesn't have a cure, there are many cases that do get successful treatment. To Tamra, Why do you think it is that you haven't seen much results after surgery and a year of pt? What are they saying about it? Just curious.
Thanks again.
Amy

Tamra said...

Amy,
I do not know why I haven't seen results yet. It's one of those frustrating things that go along with being in control of your own medical path. I wish I had someone take control and tell me what to do.

Right now I'm being told to be patient and that in a year I should be over this. But I'm also talking to some people that think surgery might be the only option for me. It's a constant debate I think about. Right now I'm going to continue doing physical therapy because it's non-invasive.