"Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall, and falling,
they are given wings."

-Rumi (translated by Coleman Barks)

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Really?

Things have been difficult recently. Like I said, a few weeks ago I got a bad case of tonsillitis. Well it seems that infection never cleared up because I got it again this past week, along with a very bad sinus infection. This is a big problem since my tonsillectomy is supposed to be November 19th. Because I've been confined to my bed most of the time, I've had to cancel going to New York and doing physical therapy. I have tried to do my dilator exercises at home and have gone up to the medium. While I'm doing my exercises, I also have to stretch out my hips.

I am also supposed to be doing the elliptical for 15 minutes a couple of times a week- I've only been able to go once because I've been sick so much. I can really feel how weak my hip is and need to start exercising, not only for my sanity, but so my health can really start improving.

Just another reminder that the Wellsphere competition is still going on. At one point I was #8, but I've dropped down to #12. Please take the time to vote by clicking on the right hand of this website. Help me bring awareness.

2 comments:

amy said...

Hello Tamra,
I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well! It always seems like something doesn't it? From what i've read your luck sounds like mine... its almost like there is something that keeps making it so we just can't get better.. You seem like such a nice girl too.. I'm still waiting for my arthrogram MRI to find out about my hip. I can't wait to get this over with. Can i ask how the surgery was? How was you experience with that? It seems that is what i will have to have done as well.
Hope you feel better.
Thanks for sharing!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamra,

I've been living with Vulvar Vestibulitis for almost 5 years now. I've tried a lot of things, including laser surgery, which helped improve my symptoms a bit, but am still suffering. I see from your writing that you are also suffering from tonsillitis. I have had chronic tonsillitis for years, and finally had a tonsillectomy last year. I wonder if the two conditions are related? Both are mucous membranes. I may ask my doctor about this.