"Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall, and falling,
they are given wings."

-Rumi (translated by Coleman Barks)

Sunday, November 15, 2009

What a week

This week has been... indescribable. A lot of things have been happening. But let's get back to health. I went to physical therapy at the beginning of this week and won't be going for another three weeks. This Thursday I will be getting my tonsils out, so I need to spend some time focusing on that operation.

I am pretty proud of my dilator routine. I usually make excuses, but this whole week I've been doing the exercises at least twice a day. At this point I have made it up to medium plus, which is the largest I have. It still hurts quite a bit upon insertion, but then the stretching exercises don't bother me. It also gets a lot easier each time I insert in one round of exercises. I'm not quite sure why this is, but maybe I am training the nerves to become desensitized.

This hasn't been a great week for sitting. I'm hoping this doesn't correlate to me being able to work out again. All I've been doing is 20 minutes on the elliptical and arm exercises.

I feel like things have been very structured in my last posts, more like lists. So I leave you with a poem I just wrote. I'm learning to appreciate things in life more and doing things that make me happy. Hooray!

arise from your slumber,
you cannot walk your path if you do not wake.

face the darkened silence and shadows,
the moon will show you the way.

free yourself from structures and boundaries,
you cannot climb with this extra weight.

forget what has been and defy what will be.
this single step is all that matters.

fight through doubt and definitions.
let each moment shape your Being.

find yourself and make peace.
the dawn has given you wings.

fly past the sunrise, over your mountain.
your soul has been set on fire.

arise from your slumber,
Wake, so that your adventure can begin.

1 comment:

amy said...

Tamra,
Thank you for the response. I'm trying to collect as much information from other women as possible so i may use it to help myself or others. I am going to see Dr Goldstien next week for more Botox. He had mentioned that he recently read a report on women with Labral tears that 90 percent of them experienced vulvar pain of some kind. I am going to try to find out more, so i will keep you posted. Is there anything you would like to ask him? He is really a great Doctor... I wish you luck with your surgery this week! I feel bad that you have to go through more than you already are.... Sometimes i guess maybe we get hit with everything at once, in hopes we can just get it out of the way and enjoy the rest of our lives...
Amy